Carnivorous Plants/Pinguicula

When she was happy
When she was happy  
Hey guys

I want to know why my pinguicula is drying her leaves like this ? She was wonderful but suuddenly with the flower start to look dry like dying. This is in my terrarium in air conditioning Inuse the keep froger for humiify the terrarium. And is in f67 to f75 at night and at day is F78 to 85

Help Im worry

Thanks again guys

Hi Gabriel,

Often when flowers abort the plant needs more food.  Since I don't see any gnats on the leaves you might need to spray her leaves with a foliar orchid spray about once every two weeks.  It should be no more than 1/4 tsp. per gallon of water of a powder mix.  Also, don't let it sit in water for long periods of time; it will encourage rot.  Mexican pings also don't need high humidity, and if it's excessively humid it can cause problems.  Around 50% is fine.  Same is often true for Cephalotus.

Good job on the Cephalotus.  They're looking great!

Good Growing!

Jeff Dallas
Sarracenia Northwest

Carnivorous Plants

Sarracenia Northwest

If your carnivorous plant is showing poor growth, discoloration, abnormal leaves or possible infestation, the expert growers at Sarracenia Northwest can help! They have a great depth of experience dealing with diseases, pathogens, and abnormal growth in carnivorous plants.

Before submitting your question, please read their care guides on their main website. Many issues can be addressed by simply adjusting your growing conditions as recommended in the care guides. Click here to read the care guides.

Over 8,800 questions answered since 2005!

Jeff and Jacob are owners and growers of Sarracenia Northwest. They've been in business since 1995. Watch their professionally produced DVDs, Grow Carnivorous Plants. It is a three-volume set that covers all aspects of carnivorous plant care. They literally show you how to be a successful grower!

No terrariums. No myths. No nonsense.
Just the straight facts from guys who grow and propagate
thousands of carnivorous plants each year.

Our focus is to help help growers diagnose a specific plant problem and offer solutions. For example:
  • Why is my sundew not producing dew?
  • Is now a good time to divide my Sarracenia?
  • Why are the traps turning black?
  • What's a good substitute for perlite?
  • Why didn't my seeds germinate?
  • How do you deal with pests?
  • Can you identify this carnivorous plant for me?
We no longer answer general, how-to questions that are already posted on our website or demonstrated in our DVDs. For general plant care, please read our care guides:

For business questions:

Youtube Facebook
Follow us on Youtube and Facebook!