Carnivorous Plants/Fungicide

Will "Clarified Hydrophobic Extract of Neem Oil" work for carnivorous plants?

Hello Eric,

While some people report mixed results when utilizing Neem oil extract, I have had success with it. I actually conducted an experiment with a large bloom of yellow fungus by spraying Neem oil on only one section of the bloom. The fungus shriveled and died off within a couple of days in the sprayed area. The fungus that had not been sprayed remained healthy. This indicates that Neem oil does seem to kill yellow fungus if all of the fungus is sprayed as directed on the Neem oil container.

Neem oil is safe to use on Carnivorous plants.

Carnivorous Plants

Christopher Littrell

I am capable of answering questions about the most common carnivorous plants found in cultivation. I have no personal experience with Byblis, Drosophyllum, Aldrovanda, and Heliamphora. I have not cultivated gemmae forming pygmy sundews nor tuberous sundews. For information regarding those aforementioned species, I would suggest contacting other experts. I can answer questions regarding most species of Nepenthes, tropical and temperate Drosera, Mexican Pinguicula, Sarracenias, and Dionaea. I have some limited experience with growing Utricularia, Cephalotus, and Darlingtonia.

I have grown carnivorous plants off and on for about 27 years. I have made the same mistakes and suffered the same mishaps that many growers make as they attempt to separate the myths from the realities of growing these plants. Currently, I am successfully growing a variety of tropical sundews, a Nepenthes, several Venus Flytraps of varying ages, and Sarracenias. I have been successful in stratifying Sarracenia seeds and providing artificial dormancy requirements for my temperate plants when needed.

I hold a Master's degree in Educational Psychology. Over my lifetime, I have constantly read books involving the growing conditions of carnivorous plants. I hope to incorporate the educational aspects involved in psychology with teaching other people how to cultivate carnivorous plants.