Carnivorous Plants/nepenthes plant

i have a nepenthes plant that is in my house for 6 months. i moved it from my room to the balcony last 3 months because it ddnt seem happy with the place. iy have 5 hours of window sunlight. but still pitchers never grow. and once when i put it outside for one day the leaves burned so i thought better to keep it inside. do you have any different advices for me please?

thank u very much.

You don't mention what species of Nepenthes your plant is, but most Nepenthes do best in dappled sunlight, such as what you'd find under a shade tree.  Light coming through a window works well too, as does artificial lights.  As you've already experienced, if placed in full sun, the leaves will burn.

In a windowsill with 5 hours of direct sunlight, the plant should have been happy.  Perhaps the sunlight was not directly hitting the leaves?

In any case, you could try moving the plant outside under a shade tree or shade cloth.  Many Nepenthes growers use hanging baskets and hang them in a tree.

Good growing to you!

Carnivorous Plants

We have been growing thousands of Venus flytraps and carnivorous plants for many years and can help provide any sort of care guidance for Venus flytraps and many other carnivorous plants.

Matt and Leah Miller are the owners and growers of Matt has been growing Venus flytraps since his childhood and started the informational website in 2008 and opened the FlytrapStore in 2009.

FlytrapCare forums International Carnivorous Plant Society.

Both Matt and Leah have graduate level degrees and have had a life-long passion for growing plants.