Carnivorous Plants/Darlingtonia watering

Question
I was gonna ask Jeff or Jacob but there on vacation so here is the question,  on there website they say they water there Darlingtonia twice a day on warm days, so I would like to know what do they consider  warm days ?  Being that Darlingtonia prefer cooler temps so that why I want yo know what they consider warm days. THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME.

Answer
Hello Michael,

Since I am not affiliated with Sarracenia Northwest, I will not presume to answer for them concerning what they mean by "very warm days." For myself, I would think that something in the range of 85 degrees Fahrenheit and up to be very warm, but that is my subjective view.

In the case of watering Darlingtonia, more water movement is better than less. If in doubt, water some in the morning and some in the evening. In the end, the plants will be happier with the water movement over their roots. Darlingtonia are plants that grow near and on mountains and waterways, so there will be a lot of water movement under the soil around their roots. It is that part of the environment that must be simulated to some degree to ensure that water stagnation does not occur around the plant's roots.

Carnivorous Plants

Christopher Littrell