Carnivorous Plants/Darlingtonia Problem

Question
Darlingtonia
Darlingtonia  
The photo I added shows my one Darlingtonia growth for this year looking thin and twisty instead of looking like the new ones look like on my other plant. The regular looking ones are from last year.

What do you think is the cause and what can I do about it?

Answer
Hi Jack,

Those pitchers do look rather damaged and malformed. I would suspect pests either on the leaves themselves when they are young, or pests living under the soil surface feeding on the root system of the plant. Use pesticides that do not contain soap or fertilizers to kill pests.

I have only limited experience with Darlingtonia, so you should also ask the other experts on this site for their store of knowledge. They may have other insights as to what is happening to your plant.  

Carnivorous Plants

Christopher Littrell