Carnivorous Plants/drosophyllum

hi, I was wondering if I should cut the dead leaves on my drosophyllum or not. I like to because I thought it helps with hygiene, but I have seen many people that do not.

If the growing conditions are healthy (good air movement, lots of light, not too wet, etc.) then there isn't any real risk in leaving the dead leaves on any plant.  But if you prefer the look of the plant with the dead leaves removed, then you can certainly do so without damaging your plant.

Carnivorous Plants

We have been growing thousands of Venus flytraps and carnivorous plants for many years and can help provide any sort of care guidance for Venus flytraps and many other carnivorous plants.

Matt and Leah Miller are the owners and growers of Matt has been growing Venus flytraps since his childhood and started the informational website in 2008 and opened the FlytrapStore in 2009.

FlytrapCare forums International Carnivorous Plant Society.

Both Matt and Leah have graduate level degrees and have had a life-long passion for growing plants.