Carnivorous Plants/Nepenthes

Question
Hello, I am new to Nepenthes and have just purchased Nepenthes Spathulata X Robcantleyi. I live in the Panhandle of Florida and will be growing it in my Greenhouse. My question is do I keep water in the pitchers since it is not growing outdoors and no rain water would be collected in them?
Thank you for your time.

Answer
I'm not familiar with that particular species of Nepenthes.  But in my experience, unlike Sarracenia purpurea that have dry pitchers and rely on rain to fill them with water, Nepenthes produce their own liquid to fill the pitchers.  So I'd guess it wouldn't be necessary to fill the pitchers.

Carnivorous Plants

FlytrapStore.com