Carnivorous Plants/Water Tray?

Question
Hello, my droseras' water trays all look extremly dirty. ie: water is yellowish, dead bugs stuck in the water, etc. So I am asking if I need to clean it or not.

Answer
Hello Eric,

From both an aesthetic and practical point of view, yes, you should periodically clean your water trays. Sphagnum moss will darken the water and insects will occasionally drown in it. The iodine tint in the water will usually be there, but after a few weeks, just empty the tray and wash it with clean water and wipe out the algae and other contaminants.  

Carnivorous Plants

Christopher Littrell