Carnivorous Plants/Put D. regia and Drosophyllum outside

Weather Forecast Cologne
Weather Forecast Colog  
Hi Jeff,

hope you are fine. Our temperatures are raising, finally. More than 40 F at night and up to 60 F in daytime. See attached weather forecast.

Am I fine to bring outside my Drosera regia, Drosophyllum and Cephalotus again?

Thanks and have a great weekend!

Hi JP,

Sorry for taking so long on this.  This has been a very busy week.  Also, mine and Jacob's deepest condolences for you and your community in Belgium.  I sincerely hope you had no losses from the tragedy.

Those temperatures are totally fine to put those plants outside.  Just watch for unexpected late frosts.  It will nip those plants for sure.  We have to do the same thing here.  Grape and Hop growers are very nervous in Oregon right now since things have begun blooming so early.

Good Growing!

Jeff Dallas
Sarracenia Northwest

Carnivorous Plants

Sarracenia Northwest

If your carnivorous plant is showing poor growth, discoloration, abnormal leaves or possible infestation, the expert growers at Sarracenia Northwest can help! They have a great depth of experience dealing with diseases, pathogens, and abnormal growth in carnivorous plants.

Before submitting your question, please read their care guides on their main website. Many issues can be addressed by simply adjusting your growing conditions as recommended in the care guides. Click here to read the care guides.

Over 8,800 questions answered since 2005!

Jeff and Jacob are owners and growers of Sarracenia Northwest. They've been in business since 1995. Watch their professionally produced DVDs, Grow Carnivorous Plants. It is a three-volume set that covers all aspects of carnivorous plant care. They literally show you how to be a successful grower!

No terrariums. No myths. No nonsense.
Just the straight facts from guys who grow and propagate
thousands of carnivorous plants each year.

Our focus is to help help growers diagnose a specific plant problem and offer solutions. For example:
  • Why is my sundew not producing dew?
  • Is now a good time to divide my Sarracenia?
  • Why are the traps turning black?
  • What's a good substitute for perlite?
  • Why didn't my seeds germinate?
  • How do you deal with pests?
  • Can you identify this carnivorous plant for me?
We no longer answer general, how-to questions that are already posted on our website or demonstrated in our DVDs. For general plant care, please read our care guides:

For business questions:

Youtube Facebook
Follow us on Youtube and Facebook!