Carnivorous Plants/Sarrancia plants

Question
Hi:
When I purchased my plants last week I thought I remembered being told, or maybe it was on the video, that water should not be put into the bowl the plants are in more than one-half way up the pot the plant is planted in. My questions is this. What happens in the winter (live in Vancouver, WA) when the rains come and the holding pools/pots are filled with water? Do I need to cover my plants to make sure they are not completely submersed in water?

Thanks
Terrie

Answer
Hello Terrie,

In the bogs these plants originally live in, there are times of low and high water. In some cases, the plants are submerged. Just make sure they do not dry out and make sure they do not freeze solid. They can tolerate a few days/weeks of submersion. Best bet is to periodically drain some of the water if they become too waterlogged.  

Carnivorous Plants

Christopher Littrell