Cartooning/60's/70's cartoon character

Gina C wrote at 2011-01-20 19:00:48
Wasn't it Simon? "Oh you know my name is Simon & the things I draw come true"? Yikes! Why do I remember that?!?!?!?!  

Phil j wrote at 2011-04-21 21:30:32
Tom Terrific was on Capt. Kangaroo was a blackboard character.

thatkid wrote at 2013-07-08 01:20:05
Another possibility is a 1970's British-made series called "Simon in the Land of Chalk Drawings."  Some of these cartoons were shown in the US on (I think) "Captain Kangaroo" or some public TV children's series.  There is also an Italian-made series of very short cartoons called "The Line," which was shown on either TBS or Nickelodeon as part of one of their series; but those would have been later, probably the early 1980's.

Bob Buethe

Can answer questions about American (and some European and Asian) comic strips, cartoonists, and comic books (especially from the 1960s and `70s). Also well-versed on topics related to cartooning techniques, composition, and art supplies. I'm not an expert on animated cartoons, or on the collectibles market (i.e., how much old comic books or cartoon artwork are worth). I've been asked questions on these areas in the past, and I've found the answers through Google, or from consulting other experts. This is becoming too time consuming lately, though, so I'm afraid that any future questions in these areas, unless I happen to know the answer, will receive a reply stating that this is outside of my expertise.

Forty years reading and collecting comic books. Over twenty years as an amateur cartoonist. Extensive library of cartoon- and comic-related reference books.

Hogan's Alley magazine
Mensa Bulletin