Cartooning/Old animated cartoons

tryner wrote at 2009-12-30 17:18:03
I, too, remember the "Rushing to Eva" cartoon and have often wished I could see it again. It was on right before Astro Boy, which I loved dearly, and I remember thinking how odd it was - but I enjoyed it. If anyone ever has more info, please update.

Bigmack wrote at 2013-06-10 13:59:25
Saw the same Rushing to Eva frequently on the Ray Rainer morning show in the 60's in Chicago.

Bob Buethe

Can answer questions about American (and some European and Asian) comic strips, cartoonists, and comic books (especially from the 1960s and `70s). Also well-versed on topics related to cartooning techniques, composition, and art supplies. I'm not an expert on animated cartoons, or on the collectibles market (i.e., how much old comic books or cartoon artwork are worth). I've been asked questions on these areas in the past, and I've found the answers through Google, or from consulting other experts. This is becoming too time consuming lately, though, so I'm afraid that any future questions in these areas, unless I happen to know the answer, will receive a reply stating that this is outside of my expertise.

Forty years reading and collecting comic books. Over twenty years as an amateur cartoonist. Extensive library of cartoon- and comic-related reference books.

Hogan's Alley magazine
Mensa Bulletin