Cartooning/Names of the "Blondie" characters

James wrote at 2011-09-21 17:38:51
Dear Wayne:

On the movie series staring Authur Lake and Penny Singleton, cookie was name by a policeman played by Ward Bond on the way home when the cab they were riding in was stopped for driving too slow, that was the story line.  

Dagwood real name was called out by Blondie when she was mad at him and called him David Bumstead, I can't remember the middle name she called him.

Hope this helps:

Jim  

William wrote at 2016-04-20 00:41:45
I haven't been able to prove it yet, but I'm pretty certain that it was my great grandmother, Edith Price, who won the contest to name Cookie. The "contest to name Cookie" story has been floating in my family for decades.

Cartooning

Bob Buethe