Cat Training and Behavior (Domestic and Feral)/i need help with my cat !

Question
i have three cats all males i found two on train tracks with two girls a kittens and took them in there were perfect then we gave away the girls and one of the girls got pregnant so we took one of their kittens but one of my first two cats started peeing at the age of 1 before the new kitten came there neutered all of them but i think they still can mark there territory the cats a foot away from the box and all over the living room for no reason like i don't change anything in the house its clean same with there litter what should i do ! my daughter would die if i gave it away or put it down. help !

Answer
First of all I want to make sure it's marking and not an infection going on. Have you seen him and is he standing up or squatting? They will be standing up when they mark and if he has an infection, that needs to get cleared up before anything will work.

There are different things you can try such as adding additional litter boxes, moving the boxes to a different location or changing type of litter or box.

If mrking is what's going on then we need to figure out whats made him so angry to find a resolution. And remember anything little can cause this.  

Cat Training and Behavior (Domestic and Feral)

Melissa Burg, RVT/Behavior Consultant