Cat Training and Behavior (Domestic and Feral)/Cat Peeing in same spot everyday

Question
Dear Melissa,

I have 4 cats in a 4 BR house.  We have 4 litter stations.  2 of the stations have the Fresh Step gravely type litter, the other 2 are corn based.  The cat with the peeing problem goes #2 in the corn litter boxes but he ONLY pees in the same spot, which is by the front door, on tiles, 2-4 times per day, everyday.  

Is there anything I can do to change this pattern?  

Thanks and happy holidays!

~James

Answer
How long has this been going on? The first thing that should be ruled out is anything medically going on. Have you tried placing a litter box in that location and how large is the amount of urine as if they are small spots, that indicates an infection. Are all of the cats spayed/neutered and have you seen him urinate? I'm wondering if he's marking- is he standing up or squatting? When a cat is standing, it is marking.

Feel free to send me some more information so I can help you further.  

Cat Training and Behavior (Domestic and Feral)

Melissa Burg, RVT/Behavior Consultant