Cat Training and Behavior (Domestic and Feral)/ferel cat not eating

We have done this before. However, I have never encountered this behaviour and don't know what to do. We have trapped and sterilized 5 ferels. 3 if them are doing fine but two if the females seem extremely unhappy. One of them has escaped their temporary room  will not eat and will rarely move. She is very scared, I know. But now so are we!!! We cannot return them to the location from where they came because it is not safe. What do we do???? Please help. I feel time is running out...
  Thank you so very much for your time and compassion!

Hi, Taunya. I apologize for the delay. How are things going now? My first thought is if this is medical as you mentioned they were just spayed. What have you tried to get them to come around? It's important for them to feel safe and can trust you. Have you tried different foods? For the one that escaped, if it's possible to re trap her and get her back into the room? She won't feel secure if she's just trying to be invisible. Let me know how things are now so I can help further. Thank you.  

Cat Training and Behavior (Domestic and Feral)

Melissa Burg, RVT/Behavior Consultant

I have experience dealing with different cat behavior signs, including separation anxiety, possible aggression and the difference between fear aggression and actual aggression, this would include possible feral cats. I also am familiar with the several different approaches to introducing a new cat to the environment as well as how each cat or cat and dog and live comfortable and dealing with litter box issues and help you decide if the problem is medical or behavioral.

My experience began with my own cats and escalated while working with area animal shelters for the past 10 years. I was able to watch and learn how the cats would react to different stimulus and each other. My experience grew during college and became able to distinguish between medical and behavior issues.

"Pawfect Pets," a weekly column in my local newspaper with pet health and behavior and training tips.

I graduated with an Associate's in Veterinary Technology in 2009 and became RVT in the state of Iowa in 2012 with a focus on Behavior.