Cat Training and Behavior (Domestic and Feral)/cat vests

Question
I have a female cat. She used to be an in door out door kitty for over 10 years. We moved to an apartment and she has adjusted wonderfully. I would like to, slowly, introduce her to a walking harness or vest. What would be the safest and most gentle for her to try?
Thank you, Barbara and PussPuss.

Answer
Hi, Barbara. It actually does not really matter what kind you use but if you would like her to wear it often, then look for the ones that are cushioned. If this is a first for her, I would recommend just having it on her in the house just to get used to the feel of it, then add the leash again just in the house to get the feel of it. Any other questions or thoughts, let me know. Thanks

Cat Training and Behavior (Domestic and Feral)

Melissa Burg, RVT/Behavior Consultant