Catholics/Free Will

As a practising Catholic, do you believe in free will or do you think that all of our actions and decisions are pre-determined by God?
So in short, do you believe in Free will or God's will?
I know its a hard question to answer. Sorry.

Not hard at all.  Free will lies as the crux of the entire Christian message.  We are truly free to embrace or reject God's most gracious offer of eternal life with Him.  Otherwise it would be sheerest nonsense to reward or punish us for actions we really had nothing to do with.  And besides, if the universe really had been such a wind-up toy that all that happens was pre-determined by God, how is it that so much can go wrong?  If everything that ever happened were pre-determined by God then no one would ever sin and all would do perfectly at everything.

Griff Ruby

I focus on the "why" and "how" questions of the Faith and one`s need for the Church to overcome sin, live the life God wishes us, and to become what God wants us to be. I seek to provide insight and information such that you are then able to see for yourself the answer to your questions.

Years of extensive research, thought, and prayerful meditation on many of the issues that trouble Catholics today, taught catechetical classes to teenagers and adults, answered many questions already.

Legion of Mary, Knights of Columbus