Catholics/hindu statue

Question
QUESTION: Praised be Jesus Christ!
I have a Hindu Shivalingam at home which I bought from a practicing Hindu. What should I do with this statue/object?

ANSWER: "No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Money."

Matthew 6:24.

Given the above verse (though money is mentioned specifically, the verse can apply to anything we place above Jesus Christ) I respectfully suggest you find a way to dispose of the statue.  You can give it back to your friend, you can find someone else who might enjoy it, you can find a way to respectfully dispose of the statue.  Either way I suggest you find a way to get rid of it.  You don't worship the Hindu gods, you worship Jesus Christ---thus you have absolutely no reason to have Hindu religious objects in your house.

Worship of Jesus Christ is all or nothing.  Jesus Christ is either the one true God or he is not.  There is no middle ground. One cannot play both sides of the fence when it comes to Jesus Christ.

QUESTION: Should I destroy the statue/object so no one can use it for satanic worship?

ANSWER: I am not certain something like that would be used in Satanic worship.  

If you feel comfortable destroying the statue that is fine---I am simply suggesting it may not be necessary to do so.  The Hindu religion is not an evil religion as far as I know, and there are many well meaning people who belong to it.

If you wish to destroy the statue and doing so would not affect your relationship with the person you acquired it from fine.

QUESTION: Thanks for the answers!
Isn't Hinduism a satanic religion since it isn't Christianity? I mean, the Bible says: "For all the gods of the Gentiles are devils: but the Lord made the heavens." (Psalm 95:5).
I also base this on what this Hindu man said about Jesus. He said that there are many men who are much geater than Jesus.

Answer
A Satanic religion is one that literally worships Satan both explicitly and implicitly as god.

Hindus do not explicitly nor implicitly worship Satan, and as far as I know work to achieve the principles of right, justice, and love.  

This does not mean Hindus are correct in their belief system, or that Hinduism is as valid a path to God as Christianity. Their gods are Pagan gods (devils.)

I am simply saying that in order to qualify as a religion that worships Satan, the religion must hold Satan implicitly and explicitly to be god, and must work to advance the cause of evil.  The Hindus as far as I know do not hold up Satan as god, nor do they seek to advance the power of evil in the world.

Catholics

Father Dave Bechtel