Catholics/Speech

Question
I know it is wrong to say"damn you", "fuck you", etc. But is it the same when we use these words to describe something? For example, "it is fucking hot here".

Answer
I wouldn't say its "the same," but still not a good idea.  At the very least, one should avoid such expressions as much as possible.  Damnation is a most serious thing, a most incalculable tragedy wherever it happens, so one ought not use such a word lightly.  And of course, to express a wish that a person be damned (as "damn you") is obviously not an improvement, though at least it might avoid using the expression lightly (unless commonly and readily given in the most incidental pretexts).  It is not a call for justice but a wish that the person become damnable, such that they would really merit damnation.  That is the exact opposite of what God desires for us and in us.
Similarly, the crass F-word you have illustrated is an extraordinarily irreverent way to speak of a most sacred process by which humanity is enabled to foster future generations for itself.  As one does not use that word in a child-begetting circumstance, when directed at a person it expresses a wish that they either be violated like a rape victim or else become a damnable libertine and thereby just another variation of "damn you."  Either way it is a call for there to be more sin in the world, but sin is the most horrible thing there could ever be, and so once again such a thing runs wildly counter to the will of God.
Much more minor words are based on crass words for referring to fecal matter or manure, such as the S-word (or "doggie-doo" or "crap").  It is still not good decorum for such words to pass one's lips, but in this last case at least technically it is not a sin (unless directed at a person like the other expressions you illustrate, e. g. "you worthless piece of...").  Its use can be in some rare cases sufficiently neutral that it even occurs in the Bible (Philippians 3:8) in which St. Paul regards all the stuff of the world that could in any way get between us and our Lord as just so much "skubala" (doggie-doo).  In other words, the world's riches and whatnot are not only to be compared to feces (itself an unclean material), but specifically the feces of the dog, which in Israel was considered an unclean animal (as in "do not give what is holy to dogs").  Observe from the fact, however, that in all the Bible it occurs only this once, perhaps suggesting that the usage of such expressions should be similarly scarce in our own vocabulary.

Catholics

Griff Ruby