Catholics/St Rose of Lima

Question
What was St Rose of Lima's profession or vocation? I would like to here it in your words please. I have already read a lot about her on the internet but cant seem to figure this one out. Thanks

Answer
Hi, Zach:

Thanks for the question...
St. Rose of Lima's profession was that of the Vows of Religion, the Evangelical Counsels as a Dominican Sister; her vocation was to live as perfectly her Baptismal call to individual holiness to please God, and to be an inspiration to her neighbor.  In her case she had to overcome temptations to vanity; and the stern opposition of family (parents).  She learned to grow greatly in the virtues of hard work; undertaking personal mortification and penance both for herself, and for those in need of conversion, as well as release for the souls in Purgatory.  She indeed suffered a "white martyrdom", and was crowned with the reward of being the first of all canonized Saints in the Americas.
God bless you; and Merry Christmas!

Fr. Timothy Johnson

Catholics

Awaiting Account Deactivation/Deletion