Could you please explain the term "sacred theology"?

Sacred Theology, in its most basic sense, is the study of divine revelations, specifically those found in texts such as the Bible or the Quran. While it can apply to a number of religions including Islam, Judaism, and Mormonism, it typically refers to Christianity. A Master of Sacred Theology is available to anyone who has already earned a master's degree and is looking to expand their theological knowledge.

Christianity first applied the word “sacred” to theology in order to distinguish it from secular theology. The word sacred is used in both the Old and New Testaments to signify people, places, or things that are holy and set apart. Those who practice Sacred Theology truly believe what they are studying.

The study of secular theology was firmly established in the 1960s. It added Altizer’s Death of God theology and Kierkegaard’s existentialism to the study of the divine. Reconstructionist Judaism is a branch of secular theology which combines traditional Judaism with Deweyan naturalism.

Most Christians accept only the Holy Bible as a subject for Sacred Theology. Some non-Christian sects of Christianity, however, have additional sacred texts. For example, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) considers the Book of Mormon and two other books to divinely inspired besides the Bible.

The main sacred writings in Islam are the Quran and the Hadith. Sacred theology for a Muslim would be the study of these texts by one who believes they are true.

Natural Theology is those things that come by the use of mere reason.

George A. Card,sfo, M.I

I am willing to attempt to answer any question. If I don’t know the answer, I will look-up or pass the question on to friends for feed back. Beside Catholicism (especially the social/moral and the Eastern rites), I am well read on Mormonism and so-called Modern Christian Fundamentalism. Also I study Franciscan History as means of growing in my lay Franciscan calling to holiness in Christ.

25+ years as the Justice and Peace Liaison for my (local)Secular Franciscan Fraternity,22+ years public speaking on the Faith,and/or teaching CCD and Youth Retreats,a former Officer for K of C and my SFO Fraternity,still hold appointed offices in local osf fraternity

Catholic Church, Rome Rite
Secular Fraciscan Order
Knights of Columbus
The Men's Study (A local Catholic study group I co founded)
Militia Immaculata(Knights of the Immaculate

Local News Letters:Mostly my Poetry

2 years of Minor Seminary
Bible and Adult Faith Studies and Seminars