Catholics/other faiths

Question
Hello and thank you for taking my question.

I was listening to catholic theologian Chris Stefanik on Lighthouse Catholic Media. He stated that the official position of the church is that people (even those of other faiths) who earnestly seek God with all of their ability can go to heaven through Jesus Christ. Where can I find and read more about this teaching.

THank you

Answer
This is called the mystical body of Christ teaching in which all sincere people who through no fault of their own are unable to believe, are hoped to be saved through the mercy of Christ.

see http://www.agapebiblestudy.com/documents/is%20salvation%20possible%20outside%20t
In his Credo of the People of God, Pope Paul VI wrote: the divine design of salvation embraces all men; and those who without fault on their part do not know the Gospel of Christ and His Church, but seek God sincerely, and under the influence of grace endeavor to do His will as recognized through the prompting of their conscience, they, in a number known only to God, can obtain salvation. The Second Vatican council said much the same thing and then added:  Nor does divine Providence deny the help necessary for salvation those who, without blame on their part, have not yet arrived at an explicit knowledge of God, but who strive to live a good life, thanks to His grace.  Whatever goodness or truth is found among them is looked upon by the Church as a preparation for the gospel.  She regards such qualities as given by Him who enlightens all men so that they may finally have life. (Constitution on the Church n.16).

Catholics

Daniel Keeran