Catholics/spiritual direction

Question
Do Catholics have a spiritual director that they have regular contact with? Is this crucial for living a Catholic life?

Answer
Greetings Andrew!

Thanks for your question.  Although having a spiritual director is not a requirement for Catholics, it is strongly encouraged.  
Is it crucial for living a Catholic life?...That really depends on the person.
Some people may find it is sufficient enough to immerse themselves in works by the early church fathers, Doctors of the Church and other spiritual readings, along with going to mass regularly, receiving the Sacraments and participating in selfless, charitable acts.
However, the majority of us would be foolish not to enlist the services of a spiritual director to help us grow in Faith and stay focused on the path to salvation.

I hope I have answered your question satisfactorily.  If you have a follow-up, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Pax Christi,
Walker Franklin

Catholics

Walker Franklin