Catholics/spiritual direction

Do Catholics have a spiritual director that they have regular contact with? Is this crucial for living a Catholic life?

Greetings Andrew!

Thanks for your question.  Although having a spiritual director is not a requirement for Catholics, it is strongly encouraged.  
Is it crucial for living a Catholic life?...That really depends on the person.
Some people may find it is sufficient enough to immerse themselves in works by the early church fathers, Doctors of the Church and other spiritual readings, along with going to mass regularly, receiving the Sacraments and participating in selfless, charitable acts.
However, the majority of us would be foolish not to enlist the services of a spiritual director to help us grow in Faith and stay focused on the path to salvation.

I hope I have answered your question satisfactorily.  If you have a follow-up, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Pax Christi,
Walker Franklin

Walker Franklin

I am prepared to answer questions on general apologetics, teachings, and beliefs of the Catholic Church.

I am a member of the St. Lawrence Parish Council, 4th Degree Knight of Columbus, and a Secular Franciscan in formation.

St. Lawrence Parish Council, Knights of Columbus, Secular Franciscans

Catholic Nucleus, Paul & Peter's Blog

I am a Catechist and RCIA sponsor who attended Catholic parochial schools for twelve years.