Some people have problems with going to church for Mass/Liturgy.
They just can't stand it for certain reasons. It may be due to many reasons like introversion or that they just don't stand being around God (even though they wish they could). I myself have really great problems with going to church. I just can't stand it.
Is it really true that people can have physical and psychological problems that makes it very difficult for them to go to church?
Many Priests have to me so but is it really true?

ANSWER: Dear Hank,

I do not think there may be any real physical or psychological problems that makes it very difficult to go to the Mass.
I think you should try to analise better your feelings and try to explian what exactly disturb you during the Mass.

Maybe I could try to help you if you could explain your feeling better.

Your brother in Christ,

PS I think that faith cannot come only from logic, because to have faith in God means to trust and love God.
I think however that logics and science prove the existence of our soul and the existence of  God and that there are many rational arguments strongly supporting the christian faith.
Basically, science has proved that the state of the universe is determined by some specific mathematical equations, the laws of physics; the universe cannot exist independently from such equations, which determine the events and the properties of such events.
However we know that a mathematical equation cannot exist by itself, but it exists only as a thought in a conscious and intelligent mind. In fact, a mathematical equation is only an abstract concept, which existence presupposes the existence of a person conceiving such a concept.  
Therefore, the existence of this mathematically structured universe does imply the existence of an intelligent God; this universe cannot exist by itself, but it can exist only if there is a conscious and inteligent God conceiving  it according to some specific mathematical equations.
Since the universe cannot exists by itself, but only because God conceive it, God certainly knows everything in every instant. God knows everything becuase eberything is under His control and everything exists only because of Him.

There are some other arguments, which explanation is rather long and Allexperts allows only to give short answers. You can find such arguments  in the following site

where  I analyse the incongruencies of the materialistic conception of the mind, on the basis of our present scientific knowledges about brain and matter.
This analysis points out how the laws of physics  prove that the   brain cannot generate consciousness, which existence implies  the presence in man of a unbiological/unmaterial element. The problem of consciousness is then strictly connected to the one of the existence of the soul and, consequently, the existence of God.
In the first article entitled “Mind and brain...” you can find a general discussion of the mind and brain problem from a scientific point of view.
In the second article entitled “Scientific contraddictions in materialism”
you  can find an explanation of the fundamental inconsistencies of  the  typical arguments used by materialists, such as the concept of emergent, macroscopic or holist property, complexity, information, etc.
In the section called “FAQ: answers to  visitors' questions” you can find the answer to many typical questions, such as "Are there any scientifically proved miracles?", "Does the existence of the universe imply the existence of God?", "Can science explain God?", "Can science establish which is the true religion?", "Can science explain consciousness in the future?", and many others.

QUESTION: Thanks! I think you're right but can't people have psychological/physical illnesses that makes it much more difficult for some to become Catholics than other mentally healthy people? Or have I misunderstood something?

Dear Hank,

there is no illness that can make more difficult to become a catholic.
What makes difficult to become a catholic is a sinful way of life.
Let me quote some verses from John's Gospel

8:31 Then Jesus said to those Jews who believed in him, If you continue in my word, then you are my disciples indeed;
8:32 And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.
8:33 They answered him, We are Abraham's seed, and were never in bondage to any man: how is it that you say, You shall be made free?
8:34 Jesus answered them, Truly, truly, I say to you, Whoever commits sin is the slave of sin.
8:35 And the slave does not abide in the house forever: but the Son abides forever.
8:36 If the Son shall make you free, you shall be free indeed.
8:37 I know that you are Abraham's seed; but you seek to kill me, because my word has no place in you.

People who live in sin rejects Jesus and His comandments because they desire to go on sinning.
Only those who are willing to break with sin, can become Jesus' disciples.

I hope this may help you,

your brother in Christ,

I am a catholic physicist and I am married with four children. I can give a scientific proof of the existence of the soul. I am very interested in the following issues: faith and science, rational proof of the existence of God, christianity versus other religions, the Bible, protestantism versus catholicism, miracles. Probably you will find interesting my answers to questions such as: "How can I know that God exist?", "How can I know that catholicism is the true religion?", "Why does evil exist?", "Who created evil?", "Why does Hell exist?", "Why did Jesus have to suffer on the Cross?" , "If God knows everything, why did He create those souls who go to Hell?"

Theology, physics, biblical studies, catholic apologetics.

I am author of several articles on the most important scientific journals, such as Physical Review B and Physical Review Letters.

A degree in Physics and a Ph.D. in Solid State Physics.