Catholics/catechesis

Question
PAX!
What is the difference between a Priest giving a Catechesis and giving a lecture/talk?

Answer
Not much, but "catechesis" means instructing someone in the essentials of the Catholic faith -- the sacraments, the ten commandments, the Our Father, and the Apostles' Creed -- all as seen through Catholic eyes.  A priest can give a lecture on just about anything, and that isn't necessarily catechesis.  He may, for example, be lecturing about liturgical music, or the history of the Church, or something like that.  Hope this helps.  

Catholics

Donald Higby