Is demon same as fallen angel?

Yes, we speak of those angels who rebelled with Satan under various names such as "demons," "devils," and "fallen angels."  You may find some old Christian writings (such as from the first 3-4 centuries of the Church) that refer to an "evil demon" or "good demon."  This is because the word "demon" had a neutral connotation similar to what we today might call "spirit."

God bless,

Cody Sain

Society for Re-Evangelization

I will answer questions regarding Catholic teachings and Catholic philosophy, including misconceptions and objections to the faith. I will usually recommend further reading, and I welcome follow-up questions.

In particular I welcome questions about:
-Mary & The Saints
-The Pope, Bishops, Priests, Monks & Nuns
-Vatican II
-Women in the Church
-Justification & Sanctification
-The last judgment, Purgatory, Heaven, Hell
-What the Catholic Church says about the "rapture" and the "millennium"
-Anti-catholics, esp. Jack Chick
-Angels & Devils
-The Eucharist (Holy Communion, Lord's Supper)
-The problem of evil
-The problem of divine foreknowledge, free will, and predestination
-Questions about love & sex, abortion, contraception, homosexuality, and other "HOT TOPICS."
-Questions about Church policy in regards to Catholic politicians in the United States.

I prefer not to be asked questions about canon law (the law of the church) especially with respect to marriage and annulments, or other personal questions of a spiritual nature. I can give you general answers, but I find that these questions are best asked by a priest or spiritual director. Your local pastor or diocese should be able to help you.

Restrictions: **Please ask one question at a time. Do not come to me with a laundry list of questions and expect me to answer them all together in one fell swoop. If I feel your question is less of a question and more of an attack, I may refuse to answer it.**

Guidelines for follow-ups:

When engaging in an extended discussion, I will respond to the specific points you make, and I expect you to do the same. If you are argumentative and ignore my points in order to make your own, I may decide to refuse to answer your question altogether.

I was raised Southern Baptist and converted to Catholicism in 2003. I'm familiar with many the misconceptions of Catholicism. I also hold an MA in philosophy from Boston College. I have been on All Experts since 2001, when I was in high school, before I was Catholic. I will be reviewing my old answers and offering any corrections or further explanation when necessary.

Knights of Columbus (both 3rd and 4th degree)

BA, Philosophy & Religious Studies: Texas A&M University
MA, Philosophy: Boston College