Catholics/Validity of a Baptism by Immersion after Formula

Question
I attended a non-denominational baptism of a family member in which the correct words were used but they were spoken before the one-time immersion.  I assume this was not a valid baptism.  If so, am I oblidged to point this out?  The relative is not Catholic.  Thank you.

Answer
According to 1916 responsum from the Congregation de Sacramentis, for valid Baptism, moral union between matter and form is sufficient, so that if the form immediately precedes or follows the ablution, the Baptism is valid.  Thus, this Baptism was valid if otherwise valid.

Catholics

Fr. Michael