Catholics/Suicide

Question
QUESTION: How is suicide a sin?

(I'd like to ask a few more. the rest depends on this reply.)
Thank you

ANSWER: Dear Edward,

God loves us infinitely and He desires to lead each of us to the eternal life  and to the true happiness. This is the reason why the Lord has created us; to share his life, his love and his happiness with us. In the present world life may be very hard, but the goal of the present life is to prepare us to eternal life. Jesus suffered atrocious pains and He told us to be prepared to carry our cross. Even if the present life may be hard, life is the greatest gift of God, and to reject life means to reject God. Suicide represents the reject of the gift of life, the reject of eternal happiness and therefore the reject of God. This is the reason why suicide is a sin.

I hope this may help you,

your brother in Christ,

Marco

QUESTION: If something I do will eventually lead to my demise, would it considered suicide?

Regards

Answer
Dear Edward,

suicide refers to a voluntary action against one's own life.
Of course, if you do something so dangerous that it is pratically impossible to remain alive, this may be considered a suicide.
However I think that the problem is not if such an action is to be considered suicide or not, but that life is a great gift and we have the duty to respect both our own life that others' life. It is certainly a sin to choose a dangerous action without a good reason (for example, a good reason could be to save someone in danger,..)

I hope this may help you,

your brother in Christ,

Marco

PS  I think that faith cannot come only from logic, because to have faith in God means to trust and love God.
I think however that logics and science prove the existence of our soul and the existence of  God and that there are many rational arguments strongly supporting the christian faith.
Basically, science has proved that the state of the universe is determined by some specific mathematical equations, the laws of physics; the universe cannot exist independently from such equations, which determine the events and the properties of such events.
However we know that a mathematical equation cannot exist by itself, but it exists only as a thought in a conscious and intelligent mind. In fact, a mathematical equation is only an abstract concept, which existence presupposes the existence of a person conceiving such a concept.  
Therefore, the existence of this mathematically structured universe does imply the existence of an intelligent God; this universe cannot exist by itself, but it can exist only if there is a conscious and inteligent God conceiving  it according to some specific mathematical equations.
Since the universe cannot exists by itself, but only because God conceive it, God certainly knows everything in every instant. God knows everything becuase eberything is under His control and everything exists only because of Him.

There are some other arguments, which explanation is rather long and Allexperts allows only to give short answers. You can find such arguments  in the following site

http://xoomer.alice.it/fedeescienza/englishnf.html

where  I analyse the incongruencies of the materialistic conception of the mind, on the basis of our present scientific knowledges about brain and matter.
This analysis points out how the laws of physics  prove that the   brain cannot generate consciousness, which existence implies  the presence in man of a unbiological/unmaterial element. The problem of consciousness is then strictly connected to the one of the existence of the soul and, consequently, the existence of God.
In the first article entitled “Mind and brain...” you can find a general discussion of the mind and brain problem from a scientific point of view.
In the second article entitled “Scientific contraddictions in materialism”
you  can find an explanation of the fundamental inconsistencies of  the  typical arguments used by materialists, such as the concept of emergent, macroscopic or holist property, complexity, information, etc.
In the section called “FAQ: answers to  visitors' questions” you can find the answer to many typical questions, such as "Are there any scientifically proved miracles?", "Does the existence of the universe imply the existence of God?", "Can science explain God?", "Can science establish which is the true religion?", "Can science explain consciousness in the future?", and many others.

Catholics

Marco