Catholics/parish

Question
Ave Maria!
When a person, either a Catholic or an person converting, with a autism spectrum disorder/condition wants to be socialize in the local parish it could be very difficult (even just attending Mass could be difficult). Then the person could feel  really lonely even at church with a lot of nice people.
What do you have to say about this?

Answer
I think a lot of so-called normals could also feel lonely. Catholicism is a very broad religion. It contains charismatics, contemplatives, and many in-between. If someone with autism feels marginalized within the church, he or she might consider talking to their priest about any social programs within the church for people with autism. Because it is such a large religion, I would be surprised if any didn't exist. I hope this helps.

Catholics

Michael Clark, Ph.D.