Catholics/sunday morning mass

I have a question about the validity of attending mass.  The best way to ask the question is to describe the situation.  I went to the monastery mass for Sunday mass on Saturday night because we were going away leaving early Sunday morning.  
After that, I was told by the retired Deacon of my parish that attending the mass at the monastery does not count for attending Sunday mass because the monastery does not have 2 readings before the gospel.  So now my question, is that true or not about attending mass with the monks  and since I am asking we wanted to know if the monks take turns being the priest for the mass or how does that work

Did you receive Holy Communion? I personally would think this would count as your obligation for weekly Mass. To be sure just ask a priest next time your in confession. Yes, usually they are different monks or brothers that will take turn leading mass.

Shawn Hughes

I can answer questions regarding the Apologetics side of the Roman Catholic Church, mainly to help those who are struggling with the faith or people who recently converted who have questions of Catholicism. My main reasoning in doing this is to clear up the misconceptions of the Church to Americans, specifically those from Protestant faiths who have strayed from Rome.

I have a BA in Religious Studies and have wrote many essays and papers on the Roman Catholic Church, specifically geared to the Apologetics side. I have studied in-depth the Early Church Fathers, the teachings of the Church, and can give anywhere from a elementary answers to more of an academic approach to help those asking.

Knights of Columbus, Opus Dei

Have not had anything published, but have multiple papers and essays on Catholicism that I would share with anyone whom would want to read them, just ask! :)

BA in Religious Studies from American Public University, also will be working on my MA in Sacred Theology.

Graduated with Honors with a 3.7 GPA