Catholics/sunday morning mass

Question
I have a question about the validity of attending mass.  The best way to ask the question is to describe the situation.  I went to the monastery mass for Sunday mass on Saturday night because we were going away leaving early Sunday morning.  
After that, I was told by the retired Deacon of my parish that attending the mass at the monastery does not count for attending Sunday mass because the monastery does not have 2 readings before the gospel.  So now my question, is that true or not about attending mass with the monks  and since I am asking we wanted to know if the monks take turns being the priest for the mass or how does that work

Answer
Did you receive Holy Communion? I personally would think this would count as your obligation for weekly Mass. To be sure just ask a priest next time your in confession. Yes, usually they are different monks or brothers that will take turn leading mass.

Catholics

Shawn Hughes