Catholics/Afterlife

Question
I asked a question on 12/26/13, and it was referred to this site. It involved afterlife relationships. When might I expect an answer to my question? Up front, it said that if it was not answered in three days, to write back.

Answer
Thomas, I apologize for the tardiness of my response.

Jesus indicates to the Sadducees that there will not be marriage in heaven.  Our marriages are dissolved at death.  That is why a widow or widower can be remarried without committing the sin of polygamy.

However, that does not mean that former spouses do not recognize each other or love each other in a unique way in Heaven.  There will be no need for sexual intercourse, for such activities are designed by God as a foretaste of our true spiritual pleasures in Heaven.

I hope this helps,
Cody

Catholics

Cody Sain