If I understand it correctly a person who is possessed by a demon does not have culpability. A person who is influenced by demons on the other hand does have culpability. It seems to me that the demons are more interested in making people evil rather than just possessing their bodies. Am I right?

No one is "possessed" to the extent that he has no free will.  That would violate almighty God's own creation.  Whoever this question is being asked for needs to get prudent counsel for his personal case from a traditional Catholic priest.  There is a geographical list of such priests at

Fr. Michael

A traditional Catholic priest, who provides forthright answers to questions FROM THE PERSPECTIVE OF TRADITIONAL CATHOLICISM (not the New Order) on topics pertaining to TRADITIONAL Roman Catholicism, including theology, the Bible, Church history, the Latin language, liturgy (especially the Traditional Latin Mass), and music (especially Gregorian chant), and current events in the Catholic Church.