Catholics/Legion Of Mary

Question
wen are Legionaries said to be late for the Praesidium metting and Cannot be marked  as present?

Answer
Peace

Dear Alexander,
    I am not a member of the Legionaries of Mary, so I asked a friend who is your question. This I believe comes their official handbook. I hope this of some help.

1.  REGULAR AND PUNCTUAL ATTENDANCE AT THE WEEKLY MEETINGS OF THE PRAESIDIUM
(See chapter 11, Scheme of the Legion)

This duty is more difficult when one is tired than when fresh; and in bad weather than in fine; and, generally, when one is tempted to go elsewhere. Yet where is the test but in the difficulty, and where the real merit but in the conquering of difficulties?
   It is easier to see the value of doing a work than the value of attendance at a meeting to report on that work, yet the meeting is the prime duty. The meeting is to the work as the root is to the flower; the latter will not live without the former.
   Fidelity in attendance in the face of long travelling to and fro is proof of a deep supernatural vision, for natural reasoning suggests that the value of the meeting is outweighed by the waste of time involved in the travelling. But it is not time wasted. It is a part, and a specially meritorious part, of the whole work done. Was Mary's long journey in the Visitation a waste of time?

George

Catholics

George A. Card,sfo, M.I