Catholics/Adam and Eve

Question
Why is it that some people talk about Jesus leading Adam and Eve to Heaven? Didn't the commit mortal sin and thus ended up in Hell? Then why would people want to name their child Adam after a man who did something stupid?

Answer
Hank,

Even though they did indeed commit a mortal sin, it is not impossible for Adam and Eve to be in Heaven.  Jesus offered them the gift of forgiveness just like he offers us the same gift.

As for the people who named their children after Adam or Eve, you'd have to ask them.  It's a personal preference, probably having to do with Adam being God's first human creation (the first "son of God" as Luke says.)  Or perhaps they gave no religious thought to it at all.  Personally, I wouldn't name any of my sons Adam for the reason you described.

God bless,
Cody

Catholics

Cody Sain