Catholics/Christian Anchor

Hi Father,
As an antiques dealer often I come upon unique items.
This anchor came into my possession.
I believe it is a Christian Anchor?
I wonder if you may be able to tell me anything about it and or the anchor and star symbolism in the Catholic Church.
All I know about this piece is it was found metal detecting.
The minute I saw it I "thought" this looks religious and I had seen this symbol before.

I often feel when religious items find me it is gods way of teaching me something.

Thank you for your time and God bless

Hi, Bill...

Thanks for sharing the pics of the "religious" anchor symbol.
I believe that it has at least three basic symbolisms that I can see...
The anchor itself is often used to refer to the theological virtue of Hope, being rooted in trust in the saving promises of God...
The cross bar over the anchor makes the obvious symbolism of the Cross, which I suppose would point to the theolgical virtue of Faith, believing in how God has revealed Himself to us in His Saving Plan and the Incarnation of the Son of God, the Word-Made-Flesh Who dwelt among us.
The star would point to something of divine "guidance."  I suppose that we would say that God is like a guiding star for us... It could even point to something of the Blessed Virgin Mary, who guides us to her Son Jesus, and who is called Star of the Sea among other titles that use the image of a star.
I pray that God will bless you greatly, and that you may have a very blessed and holy Lent 2014 that is coming up for us very soon!

Fr. Timothy Johnson

Awaiting Account Deactivation/Deletion

Awaiting Account Deactivation/Deletion

Awaiting Account Deactivation/Deletion

Awaiting Account Deactivation/Deletion

Awaiting Account Deactivation/Deletion

Awaiting Account Deactivation/Deletion