Catholics/Theology and mythology

Why do skeptics of the Biblical literature say the Bible is myth when it is obviously theology told in the language of myth? [A primitive way of describing events whether they did or did not happen that has some type of significant meaning.] George Washington chopped down the cherry tree and did not lie about it. The growth of the United States was due to the divine will, when it was really genocide and land grapping.

I do not know why so many want to disparage biblical truths.
Probably some who are anti-Christian grasp any means to attack our religion.
A reader needs to know what truth [divine] the author is trying to teach.  The bible is a multi-century compilation of eternal truths expressed though a multitude of various ways and means [literary genre] written in ancient languages directed primarily to the people of their time.
One needs a certain amount of capability to understand and apply these truths.
For instance, Augustine wrote about sixteen-hundred years ago, "The bible teaches how to go to heaven, not the ways the heavens go."
If you have some specific issues about which you are concerned, please feel free to write again.
Nice to hear from you again, Charles.  Best wishes and may God bless you.

Edward Bode

Catholic dogma, especially as related to Scripture. I have a doctorate in biblical theology [University of St. Thomas, Rome]. I do not answer questions concerning personal moral situations -- ones dealing with right and wrong [sin].

I have taught Catholic thought in grade and high schools, and in college and universities.

Catholic Biblical Association

Catholic Biblical Quarterly, The Bible Today.

Graduate degrees in theology from the Pontifical Gregorian University, in scripture from the Pontifical Biblical Institute, and a doctorate in theology from the Pontifical University of St. Thomas; all in Rome