Catholics/Theology and mythology

Question
Why do skeptics of the Biblical literature say the Bible is myth when it is obviously theology told in the language of myth? [A primitive way of describing events whether they did or did not happen that has some type of significant meaning.] George Washington chopped down the cherry tree and did not lie about it. The growth of the United States was due to the divine will, when it was really genocide and land grapping.

Answer
I do not know why so many want to disparage biblical truths.
Probably some who are anti-Christian grasp any means to attack our religion.
A reader needs to know what truth [divine] the author is trying to teach.  The bible is a multi-century compilation of eternal truths expressed though a multitude of various ways and means [literary genre] written in ancient languages directed primarily to the people of their time.
One needs a certain amount of capability to understand and apply these truths.
For instance, Augustine wrote about sixteen-hundred years ago, "The bible teaches how to go to heaven, not the ways the heavens go."
If you have some specific issues about which you are concerned, please feel free to write again.
Nice to hear from you again, Charles.  Best wishes and may God bless you.

Catholics

Edward Bode