Catholics/I have been misunderstood.

Mr. Bode, I feel I must correct you. I am not CONCERNED about the BIBLICAL GOD, certainly this one is only a primitive human fantasy that is based on a lack of curiosity, ignorance, and fear. I am only curious as to whether there is something else we cannot imagine instead of only natural laws and the unknown, which can astound us like magic and create awe. I do not care one way or another. It is only a puzzle. I dabble with it for fun. I do not expect to find an answer. It is like why doesn't a mirror reflect up and down instead of side to side.
I have no emotional attachment to the problem. I apologize if you believe I have stepped on you toes. You are obviously  emotionally attached to the God of the Bible. I mean no harm. I am a gentle person and love puzzles. Vaticinium ex eventu probably explains Jesus foretelling his own death. It runs through out so-called Biblical prophecy. No one can fore tell the future.

No apology is needed.
Your idea of faith does not match mine [and other millions] -- reason supports Christian faith.  
I am a trained, competent philosophic theologian. I thank God for my God-given faith, which is more than an emotion.
I am sorry that your curiosity has not produced tranquility.  
Our hearts are made for God and they are restless until they rest in Him [Augustine].
I pray that you may find faith in response to the divine invitation with the kindly light from the "Hound of Heaven."
As ever, Charles, your thoughts are welcome.
Best wishes.  

Edward Bode

Catholic dogma, especially as related to Scripture. I have a doctorate in biblical theology [University of St. Thomas, Rome]. I do not answer questions concerning personal moral situations -- ones dealing with right and wrong [sin].

I have taught Catholic thought in grade and high schools, and in college and universities.

Catholic Biblical Association

Catholic Biblical Quarterly, The Bible Today.

Graduate degrees in theology from the Pontifical Gregorian University, in scripture from the Pontifical Biblical Institute, and a doctorate in theology from the Pontifical University of St. Thomas; all in Rome