Catholics/Sunday obligation

Catholics, I understand, has Sunday obligation. They should go to Mass on a Sunday if they don't have a very good reason not to go eg sickness. I've been reading about the hermits of the early Church. They lived in caves and other places and thus they couldn't visit Mass on Sundays. If Sunday obligation is so important why did the hermits miss Sunday Mass? They don't exactly show the importance of visiting the Eucharist and attending Mass. I am confused!

The hermits lived in a different time. They might not even recognize you as a Christian.

Suzanne Gyles (New York – Catholic) “Good morning, Daniel. Thank you for the booklet. I appreciate it and had no trouble downloading on my tablet. I will print it and give it to my family.”

Victoria Patricia (Philadelphia - Catholic) “You did an excellent job as always, Daniel! I enjoyed reading this! I think it may be helpful to those who choose to read it."

Miguel Abaunza (El Paso – Catholic) “I believe that this would be an excellent and effective tool to evangelize.”

Daniel Keeran

I can answer most questions about Catholicism, especially those pertaining to historical theology and church history.

I have read and studied extensively in the area and have authored related books. I have visited Rome numerous times and visited ancient Christian monuments throughout Europe and Italy.

"Ancient and Medieval Baptismal Fonts" at on Amazon

MA, MSW from the University of Kentucky and Kent School of Social Work respectively.