Catholics/Embellished memories

Since memories become embellished doesn't that mean that the stories about Jesus had to have grown from the moment that an event happened to the moment they were recorded by literates? Isn't this the most easily recognizable in the variety of resurrection stories? Doesn't this also have to be true about the exact words Jesus spoke? We only have the memory of what Jesus said and did. Even if they are so called divinely inspired that does not alter the way the human brain works.

Oral cultures operate on the basis of people remembering important/useful info since few could or needed to write.
Jesus trained followers [dedicated to truth] to remember and teach what He had said.  Some oral traditions were written in the decades following His resurrection. Finally, as the eye-witnesses were dying, oral traditions were gathered, edited, and written.  
To explain the details of that process requires a book-length reply.  
I refer you to:
Raymond Collins, Introduction to the New Testament [Garden City: Doubleday, 1983];
A. Robert & A. Feuillet, Introduction to the New Testament [New York: Desclee, 1965]  
Both available at library reference loan.

PS: Most scholars accept the basic reliability of the New Testament accounts.

Best wishes for your research, Charles.

Edward Bode

Catholic dogma, especially as related to Scripture. I have a doctorate in biblical theology [University of St. Thomas, Rome]. I do not answer questions concerning personal moral situations -- ones dealing with right and wrong [sin].

I have taught Catholic thought in grade and high schools, and in college and universities.

Catholic Biblical Association

Catholic Biblical Quarterly, The Bible Today.

Graduate degrees in theology from the Pontifical Gregorian University, in scripture from the Pontifical Biblical Institute, and a doctorate in theology from the Pontifical University of St. Thomas; all in Rome