Catholics/Moloch and Asherah

Question
Isn't it true modern archaelogical evidence has been found that mmay support the Old Testament claims that the ancient Israelities sometimes went astray from the One God, Yahweh, and sacrificed children in fire to the God, Moloch, and while in Canann worshipped the poles of the Mother God, Asherah?

Answer
Archaeologists have found evidence of pagan gods in ancient Israel.  Pagan worship antedated the confederation of the Twelve Tribes of Israel; its continuation was a serious violation of the Covenant.   
Concerning child sacrifice, recall the episode of Abraham and Isaac.  Interestingly, the site of Moloch worship near Jerusalem in the valley of Hinnon [Gehenna] later became the site of a city dump for burning trash.

Again, Charles, best wishes and thanks for the inquiry.

Catholics

Edward Bode