Catholics/Religion and death

Isn't it true that religion has long been associated with death and research has shown the clergy are among the first people to whom trauma victims turn to for help?

Since the human/spiritual soul is immortal, many/most people become concerned when death approaches.  
Many seek human/family/spiritual/religious advice [consolation, companionship] in serious sickness or life-threatening situations.
A wide-spread saying during World War II: "There are no atheists in fox-holes."

The Catholic Church encourages the sick, especially those seriously ill, to seek the assistance of a priest.  Most family members make efforts to ensure that occurs.
If you are interested, consult The Catechism of the Catholic Church, p 375ff, available at:

Thanks, Charles, for writing again.  Your queries are always welcome.

Best wishes.  

Edward Bode

Catholic dogma, especially as related to Scripture. I have a doctorate in biblical theology [University of St. Thomas, Rome]. I do not answer questions concerning personal moral situations -- ones dealing with right and wrong [sin].

I have taught Catholic thought in grade and high schools, and in college and universities.

Catholic Biblical Association

Catholic Biblical Quarterly, The Bible Today.

Graduate degrees in theology from the Pontifical Gregorian University, in scripture from the Pontifical Biblical Institute, and a doctorate in theology from the Pontifical University of St. Thomas; all in Rome