Catholics/Religion and death

Question
Isn't it true that religion has long been associated with death and research has shown the clergy are among the first people to whom trauma victims turn to for help?

Answer
Since the human/spiritual soul is immortal, many/most people become concerned when death approaches.  
Many seek human/family/spiritual/religious advice [consolation, companionship] in serious sickness or life-threatening situations.
A wide-spread saying during World War II: "There are no atheists in fox-holes."

The Catholic Church encourages the sick, especially those seriously ill, to seek the assistance of a priest.  Most family members make efforts to ensure that occurs.
If you are interested, consult The Catechism of the Catholic Church, p 375ff, available at:
www.usccb.org/catechism/text/index.htm

Thanks, Charles, for writing again.  Your queries are always welcome.

Best wishes.  

Catholics

Edward Bode