Catholics/The Two Beginnings of Mark

Question
Isn't it true that half of the earliest Greek texts of Gospel of Mark begin with "This is the beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ." (In the Greek text Christ means the anointed one.) While later Greek texts begin with "This is the beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ the son of God." This later addition is probably the work of an enthusiastic copyist and became the sacred text for following copyist's who never looked back at the earlier texts to check their work. Erroneously they thought the addition was correct or if they were aware of the language of the shorter earliest texts of the gospel of Mark they were not satisfied with what they said.

Answer
Scholars know that the "son of God" does not appear in all ancient manuscripts.  My critical Greek edition puts that phrase in brackets.
Copiers often made minor miscues.  I know not why.
That Jesus is truly the Son of God is known from many NT verses.

Again, best wishes, Charles

Catholics

Edward Bode