Catholics/Revelation 21:14 ?

Hi Marco

How nice its to email/talk with you way of the pond to where my Grandparents came from.
Marco, first and foremost I am a Born Again Christian and believe in JESUS CHRIST wholeheartedly,
along with all of HIS teaching.

However, I just don't understand some of the contradictions in the Bible. I don't doubt any of them,
but I just question them. Saying to myself . . . " Well, I don't understand how that could be however
I believe it could happen due to the fact that JESUS say and done it.

Now finally, if you would be so kind as to better him me if you can to understand the following

Revelation 21:14New King James Version (NKJV)

14 Now the wall of the city had twelve foundations, and on them were the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.

What I don't understand as it says " . . .on them were the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.
I think to myself " . . . how in the world could Judas' name be on that foundation when you and I know that Judas betrayed JESUS. And yet JESUS has Judas' name there ?

Marco and you please give me what you believe what this scripture says to you ?

GOD bless you and your family
Mr.Ray Monaco

Dear Ray,

I think that Paul is the true twelfth apostole, and not Judas Iscariot; in fact, Paul consider himself an apostole

1 Corinthians 1:1 Paul, called to be an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God, ....

I do not know what kind of contradictions you mean, so I cannot give you an answer about it.

I hope this may help,

your brother in Christ,

PS  I think that faith cannot come only from logic, because to have faith in God means to trust and love God.
I think however that logics and science prove the existence of our soul and the existence of  God and that there are many rational arguments strongly supporting the christian faith.
Basically, science has proved that the state of the universe is determined by some specific mathematical equations, the laws of physics; the universe cannot exist independently from such equations, which determine the events and the properties of such events.
However we know that a mathematical equation cannot exist by itself, but it exists only as a thought in a conscious and intelligent mind. In fact, a mathematical equation is only an abstract concept, which existence presupposes the existence of a person conceiving such a concept.  
So the question is: how can matter obey mathematical rules? Has ever matter studied maths?
I think that the only possible answer to these questions is that the existence of this mathematically structured universe does imply the existence of an intelligent God; this universe cannot exist by itself, but it can exist only if there is a conscious and inteligent God conceiving  it according to some specific mathematical equations.
Since the universe cannot exists by itself, but only because God conceive it, God certainly knows everything in every instant. God knows everything becuase eberything is under His control and everything exists only because of Him.

There are some other arguments, which explanation is rather long and Allexperts allows only to give short answers. You can find such arguments  in the following site

where  I analyse the incongruencies of the materialistic conception of the mind, on the basis of our present scientific knowledges about brain and matter.
This analysis points out how the laws of physics  prove that the   brain cannot generate consciousness, which existence implies  the presence in man of a unbiological/unmaterial element. The problem of consciousness is then strictly connected to the one of the existence of the soul and, consequently, the existence of God.
In the first article entitled “Mind and brain...” you can find a general discussion of the mind and brain problem from a scientific point of view.
In the second article entitled “Scientific contraddictions in materialism”
you  can find an explanation of the fundamental inconsistencies of  the  typical arguments used by materialists, such as the concept of emergent, macroscopic or holist property, complexity, information, etc.
In the section called “FAQ: answers to  visitors' questions” you can find the answer to many typical questions, such as "Are there any scientifically proved miracles?", "Does the existence of the universe imply the existence of God?", "Can science explain God?", "Can science establish which is the true religion?", "Can science explain consciousness in the future?", and many others.

I am a catholic physicist and I am married with four children. I can give a scientific proof of the existence of the soul. I am very interested in the following issues: faith and science, rational proof of the existence of God, christianity versus other religions, the Bible, protestantism versus catholicism, miracles. Probably you will find interesting my answers to questions such as: "How can I know that God exist?", "How can I know that catholicism is the true religion?", "Why does evil exist?", "Who created evil?", "Why does Hell exist?", "Why did Jesus have to suffer on the Cross?" , "If God knows everything, why did He create those souls who go to Hell?"

Theology, physics, biblical studies, catholic apologetics.

I am author of several articles on the most important scientific journals, such as Physical Review B and Physical Review Letters.

A degree in Physics and a Ph.D. in Solid State Physics.