Catholics/A Couple Books

Here are a couple books I recommend:
Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and Natural History by Stephen Jay Gould and
Driving Mr. Albert: A Trip Across America with Einstein's Brain by Michael Paterniti.

Just because the universe had a beginning does not mean the God of pre-scientific Genesis created it. There may be another explanation we cannot yet even imagine at this time, but we may find it soon.

Scientifically speaking, there can only be ONE God -- Genesis is correct on that score.
Good luck in finding another explanation of the universe other than the one ultimate cause beyond the universe.
Please let me know when you have read, Boadt, Spitzer  and have checked the Magis website.

Best wishes.

Edward Bode

Catholic dogma, especially as related to Scripture. I have a doctorate in biblical theology [University of St. Thomas, Rome]. I do not answer questions concerning personal moral situations -- ones dealing with right and wrong [sin].

I have taught Catholic thought in grade and high schools, and in college and universities.

Catholic Biblical Association

Catholic Biblical Quarterly, The Bible Today.

Graduate degrees in theology from the Pontifical Gregorian University, in scripture from the Pontifical Biblical Institute, and a doctorate in theology from the Pontifical University of St. Thomas; all in Rome