Catholics/Is the Church Dying??

BarElohim wrote at 2015-05-30 03:30:19
Fortunetly His church isn't Catholic, or Protestant. His church is many membered, of those born of Him, and filled with His Spirit. These are the stones that He is building His House with. His habitation is in vessels of clay, washed in the blood, and filled with His spirit. As His habitation was in one vessel Jesus, it is now in vessels corporately all over the world. Read your new testament for yourself, and see where you have been deceived by the foolish imaginings of men, rather than the truth by the author.

You know Christianity is the only religion whereby the Author is still alive, and can be questioned on His book, as to what it means. For He gave His book with a witness to it. The Spirit of Christ is the witness to His word.

Father Dave Bechtel

I am a Catholic priest in good standing and in active ministry in the Diocese of Scranton PA. I can answer most any question about the Catholic Faith, however my area of specialization is Systematic Theology. Systematic Theology is a branch of theology that focuses on the fundamental tenants of the Faith and the Dogmas of the Faith. I have specialization on the Reformation and Catholic vs. Protestant theology/issues and answering Protestant challenges to the Faith.

I was ordained in June of 2008. Since that time the thrust of my ministry has been specialized. In my first assignment I was an assistant pastor. A year later I was sent to work in education. I spent six (6) years in education and have now assumed my first pastorate. While education was the thrust of my ministry, nevertheless I continued to have a hand in parish ministry, hospital chaplaincy and prison chaplaincy. Now that I am out of education I will obviously be focusing more on parish work than specialized ministry. I have two years of formal Clinical Pastoral Education and prior to ordination I successfully pursued Board Certification for health care ministry through the NACC. My certification needs to be renewed and I plan to seek dual certification in health care ministry (NACC and APC) when I renew my certification. I have a breadth of experience working with Protestant ministers and collaborating with them to achieve the goals of hospital pastoral care and chaplaincy. These ministers run the spectrum from the liberal to the conservative.

Bachelors of Science-- University of Scranton PA Masters of Arts Theology--- Saint Mary's Seminary and University Baltimore MD Masters of Divinity--- Saint Charles Borremeo Seminary Philadelphia PA Board Certified Chaplain (up for renewal)