Catholics/The language of the universe

Isn't more likely that the language of the universe is closer to mathematics rather than the prescientific language of the Bible which contains an array of demons, angels and spirits?

In a word, Yes.
Many centuries ago, the great Augustine noted:  The Bible teaches us the way to go to Heaven, not the way the heavens go.
As we have been discussing, to understand the Bible one needs to know and recognize the ways [literary genres] in which the written revelation from God teaches.  To know what is being taught, one needs to know how it is being taught.
We all can learn more.
As always, best wishes, Charles.

Edward Bode

Catholic dogma, especially as related to Scripture. I have a doctorate in biblical theology [University of St. Thomas, Rome]. I do not answer questions concerning personal moral situations -- ones dealing with right and wrong [sin].

I have taught Catholic thought in grade and high schools, and in college and universities.

Catholic Biblical Association

Catholic Biblical Quarterly, The Bible Today.

Graduate degrees in theology from the Pontifical Gregorian University, in scripture from the Pontifical Biblical Institute, and a doctorate in theology from the Pontifical University of St. Thomas; all in Rome