Catholics/Religion and academic freedom

Question
Mt. Bode, I have read religion and academic freedom do not mix. What is your view on this statement?

Answer
Catholicism has long professed that revealed religion and scientific truth do not contradict each other.  God does not speak one way in revelation and another in natural sciences.
The issue becomes difficult/clouded when "talking heads" propose a pseudo contradiction when they are often ignorant or uninformed.  The issue becomes more pronounced when the opponents "preach" their positions and either do not allow or scoff at Catholic positions.

Recently the Vatican [Ex Corde Ecclesiae] re-emphasized the need for Catholic institutions to adhere to Catholic [and not to support] anti-Catholic teachings.  I think the document is available on the website of the US Catholic bishops:  usccb.org

If I have missed your concerns or you would like more from me, please feel welcome to write again.

Blessed Easter.

Catholics

Edward Bode