Catholics/Science and God , the human heart and chemistry

Science cannot and will never prove the existence of God. Humans believe in God to console us and make ourselves feel good. "The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or touched. They must be felt with the heart."-Helen Keller. God is a symbol of wonder, creation, love, compassion, and forgiveness. In India the Gods and Goddesses are symbolic and alive and well. Be careful of the claims of pseudoscience and cranks.
Things can look like science to the untrained eye but they are not.  The universe is held  together by unblind chance. Hydrogen and oxygen combine together to form water H2O. Carbon and oxygen combine to make carbon dioxide CO2. Ammonia is a compound of nitrogen and hydrogen NH3. It is not blind chance. There are laws of nature that are still unknown. This is to be expected.

Among the competent and contemporary scientific works on the origin of the universe are those of Arvin Borde, Alexander Vilekin, and Alan Guth, "Inflationary Spacetimes are Incomplete in Past Directions," Physical Review Letters[vol. 90, #15, pp151301-1 - 151301-4]; also Vilenkin, "Many Worlds in One." [New York: Hill and Wang, 2006].  All are referenced on the Magis website.
You could also check: for viedeo: The Finely Tuned Universe.
Science establishes that the universe had a beginning.  An intelligent being beyond the universe must have caused/created it.  Logically, nothing comes from nothing.  "God" is an appropriate word for the extra-universe cause of the universe.
Are you aware that if the strong nuclear force coupling constant had been two percent higher than its constant-value, there would not have been any hydrogen in the universe?
The 20some constants of the physical universe are well known scientifically.  That combination with the low entropy of the universe combine to the infitesimal proablility of the universe existing by chance.
Sorry to be tardy with my response.
As always, best wishes.

Edward Bode

Catholic dogma, especially as related to Scripture. I have a doctorate in biblical theology [University of St. Thomas, Rome]. I do not answer questions concerning personal moral situations -- ones dealing with right and wrong [sin].

I have taught Catholic thought in grade and high schools, and in college and universities.

Catholic Biblical Association

Catholic Biblical Quarterly, The Bible Today.

Graduate degrees in theology from the Pontifical Gregorian University, in scripture from the Pontifical Biblical Institute, and a doctorate in theology from the Pontifical University of St. Thomas; all in Rome