Catholics/Religion and science are different

In religion faith is based on "Blessed are those who have not seen yet believe", science is not. Religion and science are two different realms. There are many debates between science and  religion about the Bible, faith and the existence of God. Do science and religion have anything to do with each other? Are not these many debates a total waste of time?

Human science and divine revelation are two different ways to obtain knowledge.  God is the source of revelation and the cause of the existence of the universe with its scientific laws.
Science [astrophysics] has recently been able to determine the age [origin]of our universe at about 13.8 billion years ago.  Logically, nothing come from nothing; so, the scientific evidence for an intelligent creator of the universe [God]is an important development for the reasonableness of accepting divine revelation.
God is author of revelation and scientific laws; God speaks the truth and does not contradict Himself.
If you wish more about the recent astrophysical discoveries, check the Research tab at
Hope these thoughts help.  Again, best wishes, Charles.

Edward Bode

Catholic dogma, especially as related to Scripture. I have a doctorate in biblical theology [University of St. Thomas, Rome]. I do not answer questions concerning personal moral situations -- ones dealing with right and wrong [sin].

I have taught Catholic thought in grade and high schools, and in college and universities.

Catholic Biblical Association

Catholic Biblical Quarterly, The Bible Today.

Graduate degrees in theology from the Pontifical Gregorian University, in scripture from the Pontifical Biblical Institute, and a doctorate in theology from the Pontifical University of St. Thomas; all in Rome